Thursday, July 2, 2009

25th birthday, etc.

I turned 25 on Friday, and I have decided I want to stay there. :) I like 25, it's a nice age - old enough to be an adult, but young enough to still be, well, young. So the plan is: I will still celebrate birthdays (because where's the fun in not celebrating birthdays!?), but I'm staying at age 25 for at least a few more years.

Ha, if only that worked! ;) And it's not that I'm saying anything above 25 or 30 or even 40 is "old" - it's just that anything beyond 25 is venturing out into the unknown for me. You see, for my entire life thus far, it has seemed like each year life has gotten better and better...and I fear that it can't stay like this forever....I feel like at some point, and I don't know when that point will be, I will reach my "peak" and things will start going downhill! :-0
But, God is so good and I will just continue to pray that He will continue to pour out the blessings. :)

It was a good birthday...after Sean got off work we left Houston for San Saba. Along the way we stopped at Coldstone and got their "birthday cake remix" creation, which is my absolute favorite. And the guy making it knew that it was my birthday, so he upgraded me to the "Love it" largest size which is easily big enough to feed 3 people. He thought he was just being nice and generous (and he was), but little did he know that I would eat the WHOLE thing. Anyway, then we met my parents in Killeen for dinner (thankfully we had 2 or 3 hours of driving time in between for my ice cream to settle), and afterward we all drove the rest of the way to San Saba. There waiting for me was a delicious German chocolate cake (my fave!) prepared by my wonderful parents... so I proceeded with my indulgences of the day and ate some of that. Probably about a 5,000 calorie day, but hey - it was my birthday, I obviously wasn't counting :)

Here is a picture of me with my German chocolate cake....

The next day we went to Brownwood for the Mahan reunion, which was enjoyable and also, let's see...interesting. Family reunions always are pretty interesting, aren't they? I hadn't been to one in a while, so it was Sean's first one to have the pleasure of attending...we had some fun and quite a few laughs. ;) But it really was a good time, and very nice to see some relatives I hadn't seen in years. The next day, we took my Dad to his golf tournament in Brady (which he and his partner won - yay!), Sean had to head back to Houston for work, and I went with my Mom to Dallas for Market to place some orders for Mbellishments. This was my first time to go to the Dallas Market - last year I went with my Mom and Kathy to the market in Las Vegas. We had a great time, but it was very tiring! Yesterday I hung out with my Mom at Mbellishments for awhile, went to the golf course and rode along with my Dad for awhile (Wednesday is their big golf day), and went to Digg's (the new restaurant in town) with Shi'Ann and our families. It was great catching up with Shi - we hadn't seen each other in a few months. It turned into quite a humorous experience as well - we came across a fellow who had had a little too much to drink and was very entertaining - sometimes you've just gotta sit back and laugh! And somehow Shi'Ann and I both ended up being named "Sharon" by the end of the night. I guess you had to be there. ;)

Sean is coming back to San Saba tonight after he gets off work, so I'm really excited about that! Donny and Kami are coming too. It's going to be such a fun weekend! Hopefully I'll have some fun stories and pictures to post after we get back to Houston on Sunday. Until then, Happy July 4th weekend everybody! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment