Saturday, July 11, 2009

Lazy Saturday

Today has been a nice lazy Saturday. Other than a quick jaunt on the treadmill this morning, I pretty much haven't done anything except meet my friend Katie at a place called Hungry's for lunch. The food was very yummy and I really enjoyed catching up with Katie. We haven't known each other for very long, but the few times that we have been able to get together we've gotten along great...she's just one of those people who is really easy to talk to and I love that. She will be teaching in Katy ISD next year as well, and she has plans to move out there within the next couple years - I can tell we're going to be great friends :)

So I was bad as usual and didn't take any pictures last weekend...not a single one! And there's not really a fun story to tell that sticks out in my mind particularly, although it was a very fun weekend. So in case anyone was eagerly awaiting the stories and pictures that I mentioned at the end of my last post (and I'm sure you all were....ha!), sorry to disappoint. I guess I'm just not that good at this blogging thing yet! I don't ever think to myself 'Hey, I should take some pictures right now to put on my blog! ' But I really should start doing that because I know it's a great way to record memories and share with family and friends....my whole purpose for starting this thing in the first place! Oh well, someday I'll learn...

Anyway, quick recap of last weekend: Friday - we swam, played water volleyball (which Kami, Dad, and I beat Mom, Sean, and Donny in - quite handily I might add), Kami and I went fishing with Donny and Sean (we didn't last long - it just wasn't that exciting to us and the gross bait didn't help matters either), and we had some delicious fajitas. Saturday - swam some more, Donny and Sean went fishing again (minus the girls this time), went to my grandparents' house for a fish fry (yum!), watched the fireworks at the park, played poker. Sunday - went to church, ate lunch, and packed up to head back to Houston. On the way back to H-town we stopped at Sonic and got a cherry limeade chiller (which is cherry limeade mixed with vanilla ice cream) and ahhh, I was in heaven! They are so good! Thursday I tried the strawberry limeade chiller and it was equally as good - I can't decide which I like better.

This week really flew by - I can't believe it's already the weekend again! Some highlights of the week: On Tuesday we went to our small group Bible study in Katy...we really enjoy that group. On Wednesday I met Sean and Kresta (my cousin John's lovely wife) downtown for lunch, and we randomly saw my dear friend Shannon, so she joined us as well! Wednesday night I joined Shannon and several other friends from Kappa at dinner - it was great catching up with them - I hadn't seen a couple of them since college! Thursday night we went to the Astros game with our friends Ryan & Amy, which was really fun - it was actually the first baseball game we've been to this year! Amy teaches 3rd grade in the school that I will be teaching at, and I am so excited - another person that I can already tell is going to be a great friend!

I guess that about sums it up for the week. Tonight we are going to dinner with our friends Ryan and Amanda. We are eating Thai food, which neither Sean nor I have ever tried before, so should be interesting! I've heard it's good though, so I'm not scared. :) And I will leave you with a picture that Kami took of Momsie and I before we left on Sunday. Thank you Kami - without you, this would just be another pictureless blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment