Saturday, October 16, 2010

aaand I'm back!...maybe ;)

Wow, has it really been since July that I have posted?? I'm horrible at this blogging thing...I really am going to try to be better, but I always say that, so who knows! It's a Navy Reserves weekend for Sean, and I couldn't get back to sleep after he got up at about 5:00, so I'm trying to take advantage of this extra time and update the blog...yay! Well, a lot has happened since I posted last, but if you are reading this it's probably because you know me and you already know what's going on in my life (for the most part at least), so maybe that's why I'm not very motivated to write frequently. Nevertheless, a quick rundown should suffice....

end of July - went to the Dominican Republic for vacay with great friends, had lots of fun
August - had 18 week ultrasound and found out sweet baby is a BOY!:) We both really wanted a boy, so we were very excited and it was SO fun to see him move around, trying to suck his thumb, etc. His name is Landon Edward, and we can't wait to meet him in person!
end of August - started the '10-'11 school year with a sweet group of 4th graders(love them!) and some great co-workers
Labor Day Weekend - went to Chicago for a bit of a "babymoon"....had a blast sightseeing with Sean, enjoying beautiful weather, eating great pizza, going to Cubs game, etc.
Busy weekends ever since filled with Aggie football (oh how it breaks my heart almost everytime, but I still come back for more - always full of hope and anticipating a big victory to turn the season--no,the decade--around), a wedding, Sean's 10-year high school reunion, birthdays, etc.

I am now 27 weeks pregnant and about to enter the third trimester. I'm still feeling good and very blessed with a great pregnancy. Landon is moving around so much, and I absolutely love that feeling. I am counting down the days until I get to hold him in my arms instead of my belly! I just want to SEE him and cuddle with him! :)

We have decided to do something a little different for his room...we are painting the ceiling a pale blue color that matches his bedding and leaving the walls the same neutral taupe color. I just have a pretty simple taste when it comes to wall color - I like all the rooms in our house to flow together - but I felt like it would be pretty boring to do absolutely NO painting in a baby room, and we heard the idea to paint the ceiling and loved it. I think it will be really neat. We are painting today after Sean gets home, so we'll see! I'm also about to get ready and go to Michaels or Hobby Lobby to get some wooden letters and paint for his name to hang on the wall above his crib...I think it will tie everything together. We are picking up his furniture next weekend when my parents are in town...I can't wait! I think everything is finally starting to come together! :)

Well I better get going...the Ags play at 11:00, and I have to be back from my errands and ready to root them on before kickoff. I'm hoping--no, planning--for a big Aggie victory against Mizzou today. Admittedly, that just might be part of the reason why I couldn't get back to sleep this morning...I think I really am addicted!

No comments:

Post a Comment