Friday, March 20, 2009

home sweet home

I'm calling my parents' house in San Saba "home" for now while we're in transition and Sean is still in San Diego finishing up his time in the Navy, and it really is great to be home. It's so nice to come back to San Saba (my old stomping grounds in jr. high and high school) and live the laid-back lifestyle for awhile. Due to the lack of restaurants and shopping, I don't think I could live here permanently, but it sure is a nice place to visit so I'm really glad my Mom and Dad live here. I think there's also just something special about being "home" no matter where your family lives, whether it be in the city or country. It's just nice to be back in familiar surroundings with some of the people you love the most and have known the longest. Kami is coming into town for the weekend, and we're planning on playing some golf, 42, laying out by the pool with pina coladas, maybe watch a movie, etc. It'll be lots of fun :)

Sean's job search is going pretty well considering this bad economy - nothing totally solid yet, but he has a few "irons in the fire", so we're thankful for that. I'm just ready to find out where we're going to live so I can start my job search and we can find a house! School districts should be starting their hiring process right around this time, so hopefully I'll find out what city I need to apply in very soon. On that note, I passed my teacher certification test a week or two ago so I can check that off the list, yay for that!

Well, I'm off to eat dinner. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment