Saturday, May 1, 2010

YAY for MAY! :)

I am so happy to say that we have made it through the TAKS test and are now on the home stretch to sweet sweet summer! I love May - such a fun and exciting month! This school year has FLOWN by, but I have to say that this past week was rather loooong. 2 days in a row of walking around my classroom for hundreds of miles "actively monitoring" during the TAKS test while bored out of my mind is not what I call fun...I don't remember the Writing TAKS being nearly as boring as these 2 tests were (math and reading), and that was just 2 months ago - I guess it helped that writing had 2 parts to it, and it was only 1 day. Anyway, on Thursday and Friday I had a sore throat and body aches - It was not fun, but I still went to school because unless I'm feeling completely miserable or it's something that's highly contagious (definitely don't want to get anyone else sick), it's just easier to tough it out than to do all the lesson plans and prep work for a sub and just hope that I didn't forget anything and that everything runs smoothly, and then have a ton of catch-up work to do when I get back... Not worth it! Also, I was supposed to get a new student from Ecuador who supposedly doesn't speak English, so I figured I should probably be there for that. I had already told my students about it and had practiced my "Bienvenidos a mi clase!" in my best Spanish...but alas, he never showed up! My students were so disappointed. Oh well, maybe Monday...? We shall see!

The week definitely wasn't all bad, just long. I went to a wine bar on Wednesday with a sweet new friend/co-worker to chat for awhile and get to know each other better, and that was really nice. Then yesterday after school my team and I went to a Mexican food restaurant for dinner...we always have so much fun and lots of laughs together. I have been so blessed in my career - I love my school, love my co-workers, and love my students...such a good situation, and I simply cannot thank God enough for that and the many other blessings he has put into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment